Learn how to hide a file (any files) inside a picture by following few easy steps. Secretly hide any files inside a picture. Send the picture or photo together with hidden files inside to surprise your friends. An image worth a thousand words, but now you can say, “a picture contains lot of hidden files”.
Let’s see how can you do it…
1. First, make sure you have the program WinRAR installed in your PC.
You can download WinRAR software for free at www.win-rar.com.
2. Open “My Computer”, go to your “Drive” and “create a folder”.
In my case, I created a folder with the name “myfiles” in my “C drive”.
This is a guide using Windows Vista OS, should be the same for other Windows (XP, ME, 2000, etc.)
3. Put the picture and the file you want to hide in that folder.
Here, I put the file “pizza.JPG” and created a secret file that I want to hide with the name “mysecret.txt”.
Right click on the “mysecret.txt” file, select Add to “mysecret.rar”.
You can add more files in zip if you like.
Now you will see the “mysecret.rar” file over there in the same folder directory.
4. Click “Start” in Windows, type “cmd” and hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
A command prompt will appear. Since I put my files inside the directory “C:\myfiles”, so I need to type “cd..” to go to the root. (You can change your root to your other drive such as “D Drive” using the command “d:” if you put your files there.)
After that, for my case I type “cd myfiles” to get to the folder directory I’ve created just now.
- The new picture file “newpicture.jpg” has the hidden file “mysecret.rar”.
- You can open “newpicture.jpg” with WinRAR program where the file “mysecret.rar” is inside the picture “newpicture.jpg”, to get your secret file “mysecret.txt”.